Landlord Tenant Issues, Public Housing & Foreclosure
We provide Free help with housing problems or questions about your rights as a tenant, questions about security deposits, issues with public housing, discrimination in housing, foreclosure, and home loan problems.
We offer free help to eligible persons who have questions or problems with section 8, tax credit, or other public housing.
We provide help with your public housing office and its notices. For instance:
- questions about your rights to public housing,
- problems with your public housing certificate,
- problems with your landlord under public housing,
- termination of your public housing benefits,
- changes you want to make to your current public housing situation (such as moving to another place or adding another room or another person to your housing)
We can help if you own the home you live in and are having any of the problems listed below:
- What to do if you are behind on mortgage payments
- Information about your options for avoiding foreclosure
- Information about the loan (mortgage) modification process
- Information about COVID-19 Pandemic Related Protections
- Applying for a loan (mortgage) modification
- Applications to get financial help from the California Mortgage Relief Program | (camortgagerelief.org)
- Reverse mortgages
- Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) Loans
- Solar Panel Issues
- Property Tax Issues
- Resolving problems with your loan servicer (lender) – accounting mistakes, going forward with foreclosure when they have agreed to look at your loan modification application, etc.
- Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Information