Health Care and Coverage
The Consumer Center for Health Education and Advocacy (CCHEA) helps people get and maintain health care coverage.
We can help you:
- Understand your health coverage options, whether you qualify for Medi-Cal, Covered California, Medicare, Cal MediConnect or Dual Eligible Special Needs Plans, Hospital Financial Assistance, and other coverage options.
- Review your current Medi-Cal coverage and determine if you’ve been placed into the correct program. If you have Medi-Cal with an unaffordable share of cost, we can explore whether any alternatives are available.
- Access tax credits and subsidies to help pay for Covered California health insurance coverage.
- Understand the appeals process if you are denied or discontinued from your health coverage program. We can investigate your case for potential representation in an appeal.
- Resolve problems accessing needed care or medications from your plan or coverage, whether from government health coverage programs or private insurance plans. We also serve as the state’s Cal MediConnect Ombudsman.
- Obtaining denied or delayed services, medical equipment, and supplies. For example, if you need a wheelchair but your plan denies the request, we can help investigate the denial, advise you on your appeal rights, and potentially represent you in your appeal.
- Appeal discontinued or terminated services you were receiving.
- Dispute inappropriate and illegal billing for services that were covered or should have been covered. We provide advice and advocacy on hospital financial assistance and charity care cases.
- Escalate concerns or complaints about the quality of the services you are receiving, including advice on filing complaints with plans and the Department of Managed Health Care Help Center.
How To Get Help
Call to speak to our intake team, Monday through Friday 9 am – 5 pm
Call 1-877-734-3258 | TTY 1-800-735-2929
Or send an email using the contact form here.
Or come in to one of our 3 office locations.
Additional Assistance for Older Adults
Seniors age 60 and up can get help with health coverage including Medi-Cal, Cal MediConnect, Medicare Savings Programs, and more at the The Health Advocacy Project in Downtown San Diego at the Gary and Mary West Senior Wellness Center.
Gary and Mary West Senior Wellness Center
1525 4th Avenue, San Diego, CA 92101
Walk-ins are welcome during the following hours:
Monday - Friday 9:30 am – 1:00 pm
Free computer access at the Cyber Café:
Monday-Saturday 8:00 am – 12:30 pm
For more information about the cyber cafe, call 619-471-2685
News - Health Consumer Alliance (HCA)
Recent Medi-Cal Beneficiary Informational Letter: BenePHEOutreachLtrEng (ca.gov)
Self Help Resources
- Department of Managed Health Care DMHC has oversight of managed care plans in California and protects consumers’ health care rights. Call the Help Center (1-888-466-2219) for assistance with your managed care plan, to file a complaint or to file a request for Independent Medical Review when your plan denies or terminates needed care.
- 211 2-1-1 San Diego connects people with community, health, and disaster services [resources] through a free, 24/7 phone service and searchable online database. Using the power of technology and innovation, 2-1-1 connects people to the help they need.
- San Diegans for Health Care Access - Call SDHCA if you need help making a choice about health insurance plans and/or navigating Medi-Cal eligibility problems.
- Disability Rights California If you are an individual, family member, or advocate for someone with a disability and have questions about legal rights related to your disability, call 1-800-776-5746 or TTY 1-800-719-5798. ]
- In-Home Supportive Services IHSS provides personal care assistance to people that need help to remain safely in their own homes.
- Health Insurance Counseling & Advocacy Program (HICAP) provides free and objective information and counseling about Medicare. Call 1-800-434-0222.
- National Senior Citizens Law Center
- Contact the San Diego County Bar Association Legal Referral and Information Service (LRIS) at 1-800-464-1529 for referral to a private attorney.
- California Advocates for Nursing Home Reform
Request a Presentation
Our staff give presentations on a variety of issues to community groups, service providers, and others in low-income communities.
Volunteer to Help
We can always use volunteer assistance. Please contact our pro bono team for opportunities!
To review our Privacy Notice regarding how medical information about you may be used and disclosed and how you can get access to this information, please click here.
Please contact us if you need this information translated into your primary language, large font, Braille, and/or require any other accommodation requests.