(such as CalFresh,CalWorks, SNAP, EBT, cash aid, general relief)
Is the County trying to take your benefits back? Are you having problems getting a benefit? Call us to find out your rights. We help with benefits such as:
- General Relief
- Welfare to Work
- CalFresh (formerly known as Food Stamps)
- Foster Care
- Adoptive Assistance. We can advise you and may be able to represent you if you have issues with a financial benefit related to an adoption or foster care.
If you think you are a victim of electronic theft of your Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) cash aid benefits, call the toll-free California EBT Customer Service number 1-877-328-9677
EBT Customer Service is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
How To Get Help
Call to speak to our intake team, Monday through Friday 9 am – 5 pm
Call 1-877-534-2524 | TTY 1-800-735-2929
Or send an email using the contact form here.
Or come in to one of our 3 office locations.
Self Help Resources
- How to request a hearing. This California Government Website gives the different ways for you to request a hearing.
- Use this website if you want to file a Discrimination Complaint about county welfare.
- Third party resource in understanding CalFresh: California Guide to CalFresh
- California State CalFresh Regulations
- San Diego County CalFresh Program Guide
- Application for CalFresh in San Diego:
- Help with applying for CalFresh
- Help with Groceries
- Location of Free ATMs and CalFresh Stores near you.
- To get help with: establishing paternity, establishing child or medical support orders or collecting child support: Contact the San Diego County Department of Child Support Services.
- Expungement of your criminal record.
- If you need food:
- For other services, call 211.
Request a Presentation
Our staff give presentations on a variety of issues to community groups, service providers, and others in low-income communities.
Volunteer to Help
We can always use volunteer assistance. Please contact our pro bono team for opportunities!