Source of Income Discrimination
Discrimination Based on a Tenant’s Source of Income in the City of San Diego is now Illegal.
Source of Income Info Line
- On July 31, 2018, the San Diego City Council voted to make illegal discrimination in rental housing on the basis of a tenant’s source of income. Click here to view the Source of Income Ordinance. rtf version
- Source of income is defined to include rental assistance from any federal, state, local, or nonprofit-administered benefit or subsidy program, or any financial aid from any rental assistance program, homeless assistance program, security deposit assistance program, or housing subsidy program. Click here for the Source of Income brochure. Click here for Spanish version. rtf version
- LASSD is offering free educational seminars on the new source of income law. Click here for the training calendar. rtf version
- Click here for frequently asked questions about the Source of Income Ordinance. rtf version
- For general fair housing information about LASSD services click here.
If you are interested in learning more about the source of income, please view the information below.
If you have questions about the new source of income law in the City of San Diego, call our Source of Income Info Line at: 833-801-4420. TTY 1-877-735-2929
If you have a group that is interested in learning about the new source of income law in San Diego click here.