Taxes 2022: Preparation and Selected UIB Discussion
April 10 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
In this webinar, representatives from Legal Aid Society of San Diego’s Low Income Taxpayer Clinic (LITC) and Unemployment Insurance Benefits (UIB) depts. will explain details about:
• Best preparation for 2023 tax season
• Key sunset and changes in tax law applicable for 2022 and prior tax years.
• Selected 2022 tax topics discussion: Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), Child Tax Credit (CTC), 1099-K income, Interest Income, Unemployment, Education, and Premium Tax Credit (PTC).
• Applying for UIB w/ EDD, fraud prevention strategies and tips for appeal.
• Services provided at our LITC and UIB departments
About the Speakers
Shahin Rahimi is the Supervising Attorney of the Low-Income Taxpayer Clinic (LITC) and Unemployment Insurance Benefits (UIB) team at Legal Aid Society of San Diego. Prior to working at Legal Aid, he practiced securities litigation. He received his JD from California Western School of Law in 2002 and a BA in Political Science from UC San Diego.
Travis Deane is an Attorney for the LITC and UIB team at Legal Aid Society of San Diego. Prior to working at Legal Aid, he practiced bankruptcy and tax law issues, focusing on payment agreements, and helping people achieve financial freedom. He received his JD from Florida State University College of Law in 2014 and a BA in Political Science from University of South Florida.
Wendy Romero is the Case Advocate for the LITC and UIB team at Legal Aid Society of San Diego. She holds a Master of International Affairs from UC San Diego, and a BA in Economics and Political Science from SDSU.