Eviction Clinic

Eviction Clinic

How to Get Help

We help people (first-come, first served) prepare an answer to an Unlawful Detainer (Eviction) lawsuit against them.  The Clinic can also help people who have received a notice to vacate from the Sheriff and want to ask the court for more time to move.     NOTE:  Come in right away, as you may only have 5 days to file your answer, from the time you were served with the lawsuit papers.  We do not handle legal representation at this clinic, but, if you qualify, you can get a free lawyer here. 

Location:  Hall of Justice, 330 W. Broadway, San Diego, CA  92101

Hours of Operation:  Monday through Friday,  8:30 AM to 3:30 PM
***Clinics are closed on court holidays.  Check court holidays here

A video on how to act at your own trial can be seen here.

And a State Court video on how to resolve your Unlawful Detainer case in court can be seen here.

Fee Waiver Instructions - click here

Request to Waive Court Fees - click here

Order on Court Fee Waiver - click here

Ex Parte Instructions - click here

Ex Parte Application and Order - click here